Pomodoro Technique - a system to help manage your time

The top view of creative designer’s office showing books, pencils, laptop, and iphone on a desk
It’s about getting maximum productivity from your available time. It’s actually very simple. It’s about breaking down your work into separate jobs and then using a timer to separate your time into periods of intensive work and short breaks.


First of all, you should think about the task you need to complete. When you are ready to start you set the timer to 25 minutes and you start working on the first item on the list.
An overhead short of a woman writing in a journal at a busy table with a cup of coffee
When the timer goes off you must take a short break of between 3 to 5 minutes. You should try to move about a bit during the break.
Woman in retro Coca Cola shirt wipes brow during a shift break
Then set the timer for another 25 minutes and keep working. At the end of the next ‘pomodoro’ you have another short break. As you complete the items on the ‘to-do’ list you should tick them off, to give you a feeling of satisfaction that you’re getting the job done.
Person stands on grassy snow-covered summit overlooking water with arms outstretched
When you’ve had four or five short breaks you can take a longer break, then you start again.
My favorite productivity app is Time Manager. It works for me. It stops me wasting time. My work is much more effective when I use the timer. It’s like short, intense periods of work. I actually get my homework done a lot quicker now which leaves me more free time, so for me it works really well.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

My First React Native App - Time Manager

Perfect Photos: Beautiful Free HD Photos & Images [Android]